Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Show me your GOOOORGEOUS FACE!

DIVAS TO THE RUNWAY PLEASE! These gorgeous divas stomp the runway with pieces from the latest collections every season in fashion shows. But its not only the clothing and walk that make these outfits look fierce. Make-up artist such as Pat McGrath, Peter Phillips and Francois Nars helped different designers make the story of their collection come alive.Here are some of the fierce dramatic looks:


Photobucket


I feel that the press should sometimes take there eyes off the people who are known and concentrate on people who are talented, but aren't discover yet. My friend, Kitty Lee has shocked me with her talent for make-up. The first time I saw Kitty apply make-up was during our Dewey Dance Ensemble performance. Most of the dancer's in our school's company didn't know how to apply make-up. WE WERE DANCER'S NOT MAKE-UP ARTIST! Kitty then came to the rescue and applied the most prettiest colors together to go with our skin tone.Now, she practices some of her own designs on her on time and plans to go to make-up school after finishing up her degree at Buffalo State.Here is some of her work along with some interview questions I asked her.


Kitty Lee

Photobucket



1. What inspired you to do makeup?: Honestly, no idea! I was curious about makeup and when I was in junior high, I saw girls putting on eyeliner. I went to my local pharmacy and purchased my first black eyeliner to try. My sister went to college and came back with her own stash and that's when I got hyped! But I think most of this came from my interest in art, design, colors, etc. As an artist, you have to be versatile and be able to work with different mediums.

2. When did you start doing makeup?: My interested started when my sister brought home her own stash. I bought my own drugstore makeup and played around until I got better than her!

3. What experience do you have in doing makeup?: As of right now, I am just a full-time student at Buffalo, so no experience at all. I am in a dance team in my school, so when we have shows I do their makeup. I have no professional training, so it's all practicing and having fun experimenting at the moment.

4. What do you plan on doing with you makeup artist talent?: First of all, I have to finish up my college first. Since I have no professional training at all, I plan on going to makeup school after I graduate from Buffalo. I figured, if I got a degree in design, that would give me a background for other things.


5. What are your inspirations for your work?: I have many! Nature, life, people, runway, etc. I love experimenting with different colors, textures, techniques. I also love looking at photographs, paintings and such to implement into a certain look.

6. What are your favorite makeup brands?: Again, I have many! There is just so many different brands and types of makeup, you can never be able to catch all of it! I love branching out into different brands, whether it's department store makeup or drugstore makeup. If I have to state a brand I'd say: MAC, Make Up Forever, Stila, Urban Decay, Chanel, Dior, Laura Mercier, NARS, Maybelline, Covergirl, Loreal, Revlon, Ben Nye. (Just to name a few, lol)

7. Got any makeup tips for beginners?: One thing that I cannot stress enough is to protect and work on your skin. It is really important to protect your skin with SPF because it will help prevent skin cancer and other things harmful to the skin. Exfoliate, cleanse and toning your skin is vital. It creates a smoother canvas for you to work with, so applying makeup will be effortless.


Her Work:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Can You Say FABULOUS!
If you would like to contact her she has a facebook =]
www.facebook.com/ KittyKitLee

3 comments:

Daria said...

Love her make up!
Pretty cool =)

Fashion By He said...

very cool

come check out the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

My name is Precious said...

Wow really nice eye make-up!
The feathers look cool but impractical... I could image in on an earthy photoshoot

Little Ray Of Darkness
www.littlerayofdarkness.blogspot.com